I think you are going to love this delicious pasta salad just as much as I do. It’s loaded with veggies and flavor, and it takes less than half an hour to prepare. I made it for make-ahead lunches for the week, but it’d also be great to bring to a dinner party or BBQ with friends and family.
You can substitute anything you want in this salad. If you want to use different veggies- go for it. If you want to change up the viniagrette- go for it. If you want to try a different cheese or omit the cheese all together for a dairy-free option- go for it. Make this pasta salad your own!
I added chick peas for some great texture and an extra dose of protein and fiber. I highly recommend them, but if you’re not a fan, try a different bean!
*This should keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 8 oz. whole wheat or gluten free penne
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes- sliced
- 1 red bell pepper- diced
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp. capers- drained
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes- drained and chopped
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese- cubed or crumbled
- 1 can chick peas- drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic viniagrette
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Cook pasta to box instructions for al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add to bowl with all of the other salad ingredients.
- Combine oil, balsamic, and salt in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Add to pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating.