Happy new year, everyone! I hope 2017 brings so much love, joy, good health and good food to all of you! I wanted to share my absolute favorite breakfast recipe with you in celebration of the new year.
This recipe is super simple, but also quite fancy, so you could totally make it for company. Personally, my favorite way to eat it is on the couch, wrapped up in a big blanket watching netflix. 🙂
I found a little bag of organic mixed baby potatoes that I used for this specific recipe, but any small potatoes would work just fine.
I highly recommend using truffle oil, but if you don’t have it you can omit it or use a different kind of olive oil.
*Makes 2 servings
- 1 bag (about 1 lb.) baby potatoes- quartered
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parm
- 2 tsp. truffle oil
- 2 cups arugula
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. (Make sure to stir constantly).
- Add salt, pepper and paprika and cook another 3-4 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from pan and set aside.
- Cook eggs to your liking and add salt/pepper to taste. (I recommend over-easy so they run all over the potatoes!)
- Drizzle eggs with truffle oil.
- Assemble plate: First start with potatoes, then top with eggs, then arugula and finally the grated parm.