I am so excited about this recipe. I have read about sweet potato toast, but this was my first time making it. Basically, you slice a sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch-thick slices. Then you bake it for a half hour. You can choose to eat it then or save it and re-toast it at a later date.
I love this recipe because you can bake the sweet potato slices on a Sunday then reheat them in the toaster all week long for breakfast! Sweet potatoes are a superfood and are packed with nutrients and fiber. They are actually one of the healthiest foods you can eat!
I sprinkled my sweet potato slices with a little coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt because I knew I wanted to turn it into a sweet breakfast. I’ve seen recipes for savory sweet potato toast with eggs and avocado, so if you want to do this topping, I would just sprinkle with sea salt and maybe a little black pepper.
- 1 sweet potato- peeled
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. nut butter
- 1/2 banana sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices (Be careful not to cut yourself!)
- Place sweet potato slices on the baking sheet and coat both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon, sea salt and coconut sugar equally on both sides of the sweet potato slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with peanut butter and banana and enjoy.
- To reheat, simply place in toaster on the dark setting.