I have always loved eating oatmeal for breakfast. Since discovering overnight oats, I have been making it multiple times a week because it’s so simple and delicious.
You simply add oats, milk, and whatever seasonings you want to a mason jar or container and let the oats soak in the liquid overnight. Then in the morning you are left with perfectly “cooked” oatmeal!
You can eat this hot or cold- I actually love to eat it cold in the summer. Every time I make it I switch up the toppings- so feel free to use whatever you would like on yours. This time I topped mine with Trader Joe’s chia and flax peanut butter, sliced almonds, raisins and blueberries. SO GOOD.
This recipe makes 1 serving, but if you want to save yourself time for the week- you can easily double or triple it. 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1 tbsp. all natural nut butter
- sliced almonds
- dried cranberries
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a mason jar or container.
- Shake well and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top oats with toppings of your choosing.
- Eat up and enjoy!