I love egg salad, but I am not the biggest fan of mayo. This was my first time experimenting using an avocado instead, and it came out great. The texture is perfect and the flavor is spot on. I love using celery in it for some added crunch, but if you don’t have it you can definitely omit it.
This is my go-to seasoning combination: sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder. I use it for so many things, and this egg salad is no exception. It’s the perfect amount of flavor without being too overpowering.
This makes 1 serving but you can always double or triple it to serve others. 🙂
- 2 eggs- hard boiled
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup celery- finely diced
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika
- Slice hard boiled eggs and mash with fork
- Scoop out avocado and mash into eggs
- Add mustard, spices and celery and keep mashing to combine
- Serve with arugula, celery sticks, crackers, cucumber slices or whatever you like!