Oh my goodness…this is my absolute favorite new recipe. I have to give total credit to my cousin, Corey, who shared this deliciousness with me a few days ago. Not only is this bowl scrumptious, it’s also so easy to prepare. You can even do the prep in advance for an easy weeknight dinner, or make it for lunches for the week.
I used a shortcut for this recipe- frozen organic cooked jasmine rice from whole foods. I was feeling especially lazy, so I didn’t feel like making my own. Totally your call- you can simply cook a big batch and save it for the bowls, or you can cheat like I did. 🙂
I bought crab stick at Whole Foods, but you can find it pretty much everywhere. Just be sure to check out the ingredients and make sure there’s no food dye in it!
We topped our bowls with a dollop of spicy mayo and a drizzle of soy sauce, but feel free to be adventerous and add your own favorite condiments!
*Recipe makes 2 generous size bowls
- 2 cups cooked brown or jasmine rice
- 1 package toasted seaweed- torn into pieces
- 1 package crab stick- cut into bite size pieces
- 1 avocado- cubed
- 1 cucumber- diced
- 1/8 cup chopped chives or scallions
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. spicy mayo (mix two tbsp. mayo with as much sriracha as you like)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Arrange seaweed at the bottom of a big bowl.
- Top with crab, avocado, cucumber, chives, and sesame seeds.
- Finish off with spicy mayo and soy sauce.