I’m so excited to share this new recipe with you! I’ve been on an energy ball kick lately and have been doing a lot of experimenting with different combinations.
This recipe is sweetened only with dates and uses sunbutter instead of nut butter, so it’s perfect for kids to take to school. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and entirely vegan. If you want to make it completely sugar free, you could omit the dark chocolate coating, but I mean, why would you?!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! 🙂
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sun butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pulse the dates in the food processor until they form into a sticky ball.
- Add the remaining ball ingredients until combined.
- Roll into 20 balls and place in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for a minute and stir until smooth.
- Dip energy balls in chocolate and top with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least a half hour.