What in the world are apple nachos, you ask? Well, my friend, they are delicious slices of apples topped with whatever decadent toppings you have in your kitchen. It’s as easy as that! These “nachos” make the perfect treat for kids as well as adults, as they are super easy to make and super versatile. My recipe is a mere suggestion of what I think is delicious on these apple nachos, but you could use whatever you’d like. The sauces I topped mine with were melted chocolate, melted peanut butter and date-caramel. For a great date-caramel recipe click here. After the melted toppings I decided to throw some chocolate chips on top for good measure. Why not, right?
After drizzling the sauces on my apple nachos, I topped them with dark chocolate chips. I was inspired to make this recipe after going apple picking here in New England. I came home with 30 apples and was craving something sweet. I thought this would be the perfect “almost” guilt-free treat, and it really was. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 🙂
- 2 large apples (any kind besides red delicious)
- 1 tbsp. caramel/date caramel
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cut apples into thin slices
- Melt peanut butter with 1 tsp. coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Melt 1/8 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp. coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Top apple slices with the melted peanut butter and melted chocolate.
- Drizzle on the caramel and top with the remaining 1/8 cup chocolate chips.