It seems that everyone has their own version of avocado toast these days. I am partial to my version, but let’s be honest, I’ve never met an avocado toast I haven’t liked! I actually was inspired to make this recipe after having it at a local restaurant a couple of years ago. It has honey and red pepper flakes which I know sounds like an odd combination, but trust me… it’s amazing.
If you want to make this vegan you can totally omit the eggs and swap honey for maple syrup. Dan and I have this breakfast almost every weekend because we love it so much. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
*Recipe makes 2 servings (4 slices).
- 4 slices of whole wheat toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado- mashed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. honey
- Toast bread.
- While bread is toasting, spray non-stick pan with cooking spray. Cook eggs to your liking. (I suggest over-easy or over-medium.)
- Mash avocado and add sea salt. Spread on toast.
- Top avocado toast with eggs and drizzle honey over top.
- Lastly, sprinkle toast with red pepper flakes.